Friday, 4 May 2012

The Session #63 - The Beer Moment

My own beer moments are too many to mention - the post Friday lager, the Sunday afternoon Bitter, the fireside Porter - I could go on and on.

I love beer so it's easy. But I've heard a rumour that some people don't so the best, the most satisfying beer moment of all is when other people 'get it'.  The reward of 'Jesus, that's amazing' when you serve up a chocolate fondant and the perfect framboise, a curry and the most well balanced IPA, the sweetness of seafood countered with a divinely sour Gueuze.

When you love something you want everyone to feel the same, nothing beats the warmth of realising that, briefly, you might just have made that happen.

4 comments:

beerfortheweekend said...

A good beer conversion is something I really enjoy, when you make a suggestion and someone really gets a kick from it - you feel like you did something special!

Zak Avery said...

And THAT is what drives most of the beer people I know.

TaleOfAle said...

Indeed that is a very special type of beer moment.

Steve Lamond said...

Definitely something that I enjoy about beer.

Good 15 month gap between posts!