Sunday, 10 January 2010

Another beer facepack........................

After a weekend of incredibly dull domestic drudgery what better way to unwind than a facepack in front of the television (whilst waiting for Heather Mills to fall over on Dancing on Ice). Which means another chance to try out some beer beauty products.

Beer Mask Ingredients
1 tablespoon of beer
1 tablespoon of Yoghurt 
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
Egg white from one Egg
1 teaspoon of Lemon extract
1 tablespoon of almond extract



How to Prepare
Mix all ingredients in blender on low for 20 to 30 seconds.

Applying Beer Mask
Wet your face with warm water and then apply the mixture gently on the skin (and you can look this gorgeous too!!) Rinse it off with warm water after 15 to 20 minutes.

 



Once again there's not rule on what beer to use, but I've been choosing darker, hoppier beers - if it's the hops that are good for the skin I'm getting as many as possible!! This time I opted for the 4.5% dark ale, Barnstormer from Bath Ales that I picked up from Sainsburys for just £1.79 for a 500ml bottle. Fortunately I only needed a couple of tablespoons for this and a divine chocolate pudding I whipped up (watch out for details coming soon) so I got to drink the rest and it's a very nice beer, fruity with a hint of chocolate and a lot lighter and easier to drink than its rich, dark colour suggests.

I haven't got an electric blender (I know, how primitive) but a balloon whisk and some elbow grease soon did the job. Whisked up it has a a consistency and colour that reminds me of the Olay Milk my mum used to use (only back then it was Oil of Ulay (and we still had Opal Fruits and Curly Wurly's were MUCH bigger)) only difference is this smells AMAZING, a mixture of chocolate and cherry bakewell, and I am very tempted just to lick it out the bowl. Then I remember the raw egg and instead spread  it on my face and let it work it's magic.

First thing that strikes me is how pleasant it is compared to my last beer facepack disaster, after about 5 minutes it starts to tighten up like a real facepack and I feel very relaxed. The good thing about this was that it was all ingredients I had in the cupboard - so at least if there isn't any benefit I haven't wasted time or money, I got to sit with my feet up for 20 minutes and have a beer, well worth it in my book!!





2 comments:

Cooking Lager said...

drink the grog, woman, don't rub it into your head!

women eh?

Kristy said...

Drink it?? How avant garde