Sunday, 6 September 2009

Forgot all about the mulled beer.....


......that I said I was trialling earlier. Am still on the look out for a great mulled beer recipe ready for Christmas time. I tried the Blue Moon Version but anything you have to strain egg bits out of is never going to top anyone's top drinks list!!
But I have a cold so I figure lemon is in order so I just tried this
  • Combine 3 bottles Coors Light with 50g brown sugar, 2 cinnamon sticks (snapped in half) , 6 cardamom pods, 4 cloves, ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg and 2 slices of lemon in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring until liquid simmers. Turn off heat and leave to infuse for at least ten minutes – serve in mugs or handled glasses (serves four).
And you know what, it was actually really nice. Warmed up you can really taste the popcorn notes in Coors Light so you get a nice caramel sweetness that blends well with the spices.
If you've got any better send them my way.
nb. Picture not the actual finished version, I don't have a cupboard of luverly mulled beer glasses and perfectly sized cinnamon sticks but the chipped, blue, spotty Sainsbury's mug didn't take such a nice pic

No comments: